They often told me–
that one day
a prince charming
was going to come along
and sweep me off my feet.
So I stayed
bounded behind these gates,
waiting for the moment
I hear the slaying of dragons
and the galloping of his gallant horse.
for someone to
come show me love,
to prove to me
that it existed
when they should have taught me
to give myself love,
need princes to wake up them,
to break the chains,
to kiss them,
and whisk them away
into a magical castle
where everything seems possible.
But I am not a fucking princess.
I am a woman
and I will build this damn castle
And all this talk about being saved
from the evil queen
and poisoned needles-
I can save myself.
And dreaming of a true love?
I am my own first love
and I won’t let anyone
sweep me off my feet
until I am free enough to fly on my own.
If life is ever a fairy tale,
then I am my own fucking hero.A Story A Day #259 by Ming D. Liu
are you a boy? your clothes are boy clothes.
are you a girl? your clothes are girl clothes.
are you outside the binary of boy and girl? so are your clothes.
did someone just tell you your clothes don’t match your gender identity? they are a trashcan and their clothes are trashcan clothes.
Or in the words of Eddie Izzard..
Because this cannot be reblogged enough.
– You should read this Rolling Stones piece on Queer kids getting kicked out by their religious parents. And remember it. (via fuckyeahdiomedes)
Suddenly her mom’s silence matched Jackie’s own. “Oh, my God,” she murmured in disbelief. “Are you gay?”
"Yeah," Jackie forced herself to say.
After what felt like an eternity, her mom finally responded. “I don’t know what we could have done for God to have given us a fag as a child,” she said before hanging up.
She got a call from her older brother. “He said, ‘Mom and Dad don’t want to talk to you, but I’m supposed to tell you what’s going to happen,’” Jackie recalls. “And he’s like, ‘All your cards are going to be shut off, and Mom and Dad want you to take the car and drop it off at this specific location. Your phone’s going to last for this much longer. They don’t want you coming to the house, and you’re not to contact them. You’re not going to get any money from them. Nothing. And if you don’t return the car, they’re going to report it stolen.’ And I’m just bawling. I hung up on him because I couldn’t handle it.” Her brother was so firm, so matter-of-fact, it was as if they already weren’t family.
Dear lovely people,
I’ve been waiting a while to use this picture to do a little something for you guys, something to thank you guys for being nothing less than wonderful to me. Recently, I hit 40K followers!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, I cannot fathom the fact that 40K of you guys are interested in reading what I have to say. Like, that is a huge number. It still seems surreal to me.
Almost a year ago, when I first started posting my work, I would never have guessed that I’d even reach 1,000 or 2,000 friends here. But so many of you guys have reached out to me and I have to say, I have met many great people on here. Words will never be able to express my gratitude and how much it means to me. Thank you for each like, thank you for each reblog, thank you for each follow, thank you for each secret you send in, thank you for sharing your life with me, and thank you for every single message you write to me. Thank you for taking time out of your 24 hours to write me something that makes my day. You guys are what lifts me. When I am having a bad day or whenever I think about giving up on writing, you guys inspire me and give me hope to continue. You are my wings. And I will never be able to repay you for that! Thank you for loving me.
I love you all so much, each and every single one of you. I want to show a little of how much I appreciate you so I hope this small giveaway will suffice, even just a little bit.
I finally figured out what I would like to send to you guys. After reading all of your suggestions, these are the most requested and named ideas! I will have one winner that will receive:
- A handwritten poem (tell me your favourite poem, whether it’s mine or someone else’s) I’ll try to make it worth a place in your room, with a frame and doodle haha
- Some of my favorite pens to write with (Muji pens and sharpie pens)
- Moleskin journal
- An inspiration fun book such as Wreck This Journal, Unplug Every Day, The Happiness Book, One Good Deed A Day, and etc. (You get to pick one!)
- THANK YOU CARD/LETTER!!!!!!!!!!
- Some post cards
- Mug for those late nights you stay up while writing and thinking too much
- Some of my favorite teas
- One of my favourite novels! (Depending on the person who wins, I will try to send them a novel that I think they will enjoy the most)
- And little extra snacks and cute things I find hehe
Aside from this winner, I also want to send six other lovely people so I can send them a thank you letter.
Finally, here are the rules and guidelines:
- This giveaway is a big thank you to my followers, only
- Only reblogs will count as entries
- Must feel comfortable enough to give me your home address, email, and some general information about yourself (self-explanatory)
- Opened internationally!
- Winner will be picked on September 21st, 2014 12PM Eastern Time
- Ask box must be opened. I will contact you through there. If I do not receive a reply within three days, I will have to pick someone else.
- And if you do win, post of a photograph when you receive the package please! :)
The winners will be picked through a random online generator. Good luck my lovely friends! I hope to write to some of y’all soon. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :)
So tonight I saw Doctor Who: Deep Breath in the cinema, and bumped into this perfect human being. Who knew Tom was such a big Whovian?
so this is pretty incredible